Zé! / myspace / facebook / twitter /

ATTENTION PLEASE!

ZE! HAS MOVED TO ZE.COM.MY,UPDATE YOUR BOOKMARKS FELLAS! xoxo

(Dec.22.2009)

Friday, July 24, 2009

meena


dear diary,

I could never bring myself to read an autobiography from cover to cover - not even madonna's. It's normally something i would keep and flip randomly when I would like to be quickly inspired. But i read this one, from cover to cover, because i felt i can somehow relate to her in more ways than one. I understand the drive she had in sacrificing so many areas of her personal life in order to do what she felt she had been destined to fulfill in her short life.

She idolized Joan of Arc, who said;
"Don't think I haven't been afraid. I was afraid all the time, from the very beginning, which is nobody's business but mine. You get through because you think deeper, imagine more, and get over your fear first."

From what i've read, she seemed so focused and determined with what she wanted for the Afghan women that the things she did in order to get themselves heard were some of which would have me pee in my pants. It's a miracle she even survived to see 30.

What's even more surprising is that she looks so motherly and harmless! So, no, you don't need to shave your head, grow armpit hair and dress like a man to have the balls of one. You legend, you.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment